How many times have you been in the middle of a conversation at work, when something comes up that needs follow-up and you’re faced with a decision: pause the conversation to write down the action item on your to-do list, or cross your fingers and hope you remember it later.
If your company uses Teams as a primary communication tool, you’re in luck! The Office Otter Teams App is here and allows you to send messages from Teams to your Office Otter list without ever leaving the conversation. Follow the steps below to install the app and experience the difference this integration can make.
*NOTE: You’ll need to have an active Office Otter account prior to setting up the Teams app.
1. Open Microsoft Teams.
2. Click on the Apps icon in the lower left corner.
3. Search for Office Otter.
4. Click on the Office Otter app card.
5. Click on the “Add” button.
1. Find the message containing the task you’d like to add to your Office Otter list. This can be a direct message, from a channel, or from a group conversation.
*NOTE: No one in your organization will be notified that you are creating tasks from Teams.
2. Hover over the message to access the reactions & More Actions menu
3. Click on the three dots on the right side to access more actions.
4. Click on "Create Task in Office Otter"
*NOTE: "Create Task in Office Otter" may be nested under "More Actions", depending on how many apps you have installed.
5. Sign in once. This will only be needed the first time.
6. Enjoy the ability to edit the task description, label, due date, and urgency if needed.
7. Click Submit to send to Office Otter.
Add the free Office Otter Teams app to your account today to stay present in your conversations and stop worrying about missing action items. As an added bonus, once you install the Office Otter Teams app, the app will also be available in Outlook! Learn more about using Office Otter in Outlook here.
We love to hear from users about their experiences and suggestions to make the platform better. Use the chat feature in the bottom right of your Office Otter dashboard to reach our team.
We also have a guide for How To Get Office Otter Approved and Paid for by Your Employer.