Business travel is picking back up, and you may find yourself out of practice when it comes to packing. We’ve put together this cheat sheet with a few work travel essentials to take the stress out of hitting the road, or the skies, again.
- A carry-on travel bag with easy access to your phone and wallet. When you are rushing to make your connection and need to grab a bite to eat, you don’t want to have to stop and rummage through your bag.
- Noise-canceling headphones. Sleeping or focusing on work during a flight can be challenging, but not with these headphones.
- A portable charger. Right up there with headphones is a small charger you can use for your phone or laptop while you’re on the go. A charger keeps you from being tethered to an outlet in the airport and ensures you are ready to hit the ground running when you arrive.
- Protein bars. These are great to have on hand if you don’t have time to grab food en route. No one wants to be hangry in the middle of a work meeting!
- Hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes. A must-have in the days of Covid-19.
- Stain Remover. It’s handy for those pesky mustard drips from that sandwich you ate on the flight. Look for stain remover towelettes or pens in the detergent aisle, often on the top shelf.
- Mints or a travel toothbrush. When going straight into meetings, you’ll want something to freshen your breath. You can find packs of disposable travel toothbrushes in the dental section at your local store.
Lastly, travel time can be a great time to invest in your career. Instead of reading the latest novel on your flight, consider packing that business book you never have time to get to in the office.